Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pre-voyage

For the past few days, I have been preparing for my summer in DC and year in Belgium. In two days, I will make the twenty hour roadtrip to Fairfax, VA. After hours of packing, I have to say that I'm overwhelmed by the amount of clothes I have. I know I sound completely irrational but the thought of not having some of my clothes for a year made me very very emotional like the saddest I have been in a longggg time. My thoughts sounds like they're right out of the movie "Confessions of a Shopoholic"....oh well there are surely worse obsessions! I have no idea how on earth, I'm going to bring all the clothes I want to bring to Belgium but I will make it work (vacuum bags will be a lifesaver!). My thinking is that the more I have, the less I will shop there (at least that's what I'm telling my parents). I am so excited to spend my summer in DC- it's always been my dream to work there one day and it's actually happening! I love Texas and convenience of living at home but I am so thrilled to be in a new environment. I have grown so much over the past semester and I know that I will experience so much in DC that will make me a stronger person. My internship will be super challenging but I've learned that without a challenge I get bored very easily so I'm up for it! I really hope there are a lot of other interns there because so far I have one friend in DC haha. That being said, I intend to do a lot of working out this summer. As far as goals go...I have some awesome Delia's pants I want to fit into for Belgium so I guess fitting into them will be my goal!

This past semester taught me how much I loved change and adventure and I look forward to experiencing as many adventures as I can in DC and even more so in Belgium. People have asked me multiple times if I'm scared to be going away for so long and even I am suprised at how little fear I have in my heart. I absolutely love meeting new people and making friends and am so excited for the upcoming opportunities. My fondest memories that I have are from my time in Denmark and a part of me feels like I'm going home when I leave for Belgium (I know it's a stretchhhh but a girl can dream). The reason I'm going for one year is that I know how hard it is to leave a place and know you're never going back there so I want to soak it all up for as long as I can. I am so free and young and have all these wonderful opportunities open to me and I simply cannot walk away from them. I feel so fortunate and will try my hardest to not take anything granted. College has gone by so quickly and I have so many regrets of the things I missed out on. Therefore I want to do everythinggg in Belgium....non-hazardous to my life that is ;) I just want to live each day to it's fullest and live by my favorite pharse: carpe diem! My budget will be a huge determiner of all that I can do but there are plenty of thrifty adventures out there..you just have to look harder for them!

Well that's all I have for now! I promise (hope dearly) that my next posts will be much more interesting/lively/adventure filled!

:) Live love dream

No comments:

Post a Comment